Based in our workshop in Cumbria, we are specialist makers of highest quality replica nameplates, number plates and other items for model engineers, model makers and vehicle and machinery restoration projects. Read more about us.
Diane Carney Nameplates
These photos show how your plates will look once you have finished, painted and polished them. You can download a Guide to Finishing your Plates here.
Plates as supplied
These photos illustrate how your plates will look when you receive them. You can download a Guide to Finishing your Plates here.
Ordering from us
LOCOMOTIVE NAMEPLATES AND BUILDER’S PLATES
If ordering a full set of plates for a model of a given prototype the essential elements we need are:
- Scale (or gauge if standard gauge) of your model
- Identity – either a name or number
- Period you are modelling
- Any personal choices that deviate from historical accuracy (e.g. a specific shed code).
DECORATIVE ETCHINGS, SIGNAGE ETC.
Please contact us to discuss your project or feel free to send us a sketch of what you have in mind.
If ordering for any kind of freelance model (traction engines etc) the essential elements we need are:
- Approximate scale of your model
- Outside dimensions of the plates you require.
- Square or round corners to nameplates?
- Preferred lettering style (sans-serif, serif, italic etc.)
- Cameo or intaglio (respectively, raised letters or letters etched into the brass)
- Any extra details such as bosses for screw holes (feel free to provide a thumbnail sketch)
REPLICAS OF LONG LOST ITEMS
We are able to produce copies of, for example, makers plates for vehicle or machinery restorations but we will usually require a photograph from which to draw the new artwork. A square-on photo is usually required, together with the dimensions of the plate.
Please do not post original plates to us.
We keep in stock chequer plate for standard gauge locomotives and common scales for traction engines. Other sizes can be made to order.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Once we know what you require we will return a quotation for the job.
- New artwork is charged for on the basis of time involved in the drawing.
- Plates are supplied as clean etchings that will usually require final trimming and painting. You can download a guide to finishing your plates here.
- Plates under 1mm thick may be ‘etched all round’ and supplied on tabs. (There may be an additional cost for this.)
Postage is charged at cost. Special Delivery is used at our discretion.